All about ITIL Certification-Process Level and Fees: ITIL is the most widely recognized framework for ITSM. The ideas behind the development of ITIL organizations are becoming increasingly dependent on IT to satisfy their customer and organisation growth. This is leading to an increased need for more reliable and quality focused IT services.
ITIL is the trademark of AXELOS , and they publish many certification at 5 level and there are millions of certified ITIL practitioners worldwide. Many organizations have adopted this best practice
Key Points on ITIL Certification, Process
What is ITIL Certification ?
ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
- ITIL is part of IT Service management Best practice normally called ITSM
- ITIL is not a standard like ISO , however it is a set of best practices guidelines which can be adopted and customized by any organization to suit their need.These ITIL is a collection of best practices used for managing IT services in any industry that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business in the IT industry.
- ITIL focus on using the IT Resources ( IT Infrastructure, including IT people) in an optimal way so that the customers get better service
- AXELOS is the governing body for ITIL certification and it is globally recognized and accepted as a benchmark framework for quality of service
What are the ITIL Certification Levels ? who is qualified to take up
There are Fiver level of certification higher the better to exhibit the proficiency
- ITIL Foundation Certification: This is entry point certification and offers a general awareness of the concept and terminology used in the ITIL framework. This Certification is for those who require a basic understanding and who want to understand and start implementing in the organization. In other words Foundation level is the entry level certification which offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
- ITIL Practitioner Certification: This would need Foundation level as a pre-qualification, and this would focus more of how part then theory. Here one would learn metrics and communication also little bit about change management practice and implementation more rigorously.In this level of certification one would be learning ITt framework and how to implement in real time, The Practitioner level is the next stage in the ITIL scheme. It has been developed to provide a step between Foundation and the Intermediate Level and aims to improve the ability of individuals to adopt and adapt ITIL in their organizations.This level is worth a 3 credit points towards Expert level certification
- ITIL Intermediate: This level has two streams, One is Service Lifecycle and the other one is Service Capability Stream. You could choose to take individual courses however if you wish to progress through the ITIL qualification scheme you will need to earn a minimum of 17 credits It is very important that you refer to the ITIL credit system and administration policy when deciding which courses to take .The Intermediate level certification has a modular structure with each module providing a different focus on IT Service Management. You can take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as you need. The Intermediate modules go into more detail than the Foundation level and Practitioner, and provide an industry-recognized qualification.
- ITIL Expert Level : Once you complete all the modules you will become expert and cover in ITIL and you will be awarded expert certification. In this level The ITIL Expert level qualification is aimed at those who are interested in demonstrating knowledge of the ITIL Scheme in its entirety. The certificate is awarded to candidates who have achieved a range of ITIL certifications and have attained a well rounded, superior knowledge and skills base in ITIL Best Practices.
- Master Level: Once you start implementing everything in the organization and master the art of ITISM and ITIL practices in all aspect you are considered to be master in this field.To achieve the ITIL Master certification, you must be able to explain and justify how you have personally selected and applied a range of knowledge, principles, methods and techniques from ITIL and supporting management techniques, to achieve desired business outcomes in one or more practical assignments.
The structure of the qualification offers candidates flexibility relating to the different disciplines and areas of ITIL and the ability to focus their studies on key areas of interest.
Here is list of Certification and the providers for your ref
Why should you go for ITIL Certification ?
Apart from professional skill upgrade it gives you a complete overview of the IT Service management and it process from initiation to end point.. As most of us are working on a part of the large process and may not know how things are being done in other parts of the process. This will help you get a better grip on the subject and you become not only expert also will help you understand upstream and downstream process. Finally any certification gives you an authority on the subject and you can confidently go ahead and implement things which will be accepted as norm.
To see our complete list of IT Certification and Providers click here
Also find some of the best online courses on various certifications available just for $10 to $20 you can learn on your own anytime anywhere on our leading global course marketplace
Want to know the best Learning source in your area? Let us help you. !!